Backup the files
We haven’t added any automated way to backup the settings file in Power Update. If you want to make sure you have a current set to restore if the machine has to be rebuilt, you can make a copy of the following files and directories:
1. Copy the Settings.xml, including the path, to the backup drive, and you have all the job definitions.
2. Copy all the files in the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Power Update\ directory, to a backup drive, and you have all the files needed to restore the current environment.
3. Also take note of the current account and password running the job, as you will need to restore the files under this user.
1. Contact us, and we will reset your licenses if you didn’t have the change to unregister them.
2. Install the free version of Power Update.
3. Go to Options, Active. Then enter your username, password and set the Supported Until data provided with your original purchase.
4. Copy the settings.xml from the backup drive to the same directory.
5. Copy all the Task Manager files from the backup drive to the same directory.
6. Restart the computer, log in, and make sure all your jobs are ready to run again.