If you are using Excel 2010 and Power Query datasources Power Update needs to perform UI automation.
If UI automation fails for some reason please try the common resolutions below:
Check if you can manually refresh the workbook and make sure all connections are working.
If it’s a temporary / intermittent issue during refreshing connections, set the Retry Count and Retry wait settings in the Advanced Settings page of the task wizard (e.g. Retry Count: 5, Retry Wait: 5 min). If the Refresh hangs sometimes, also set up the following settings in Advanced Properties\Settings:
- Stop the taks if runs longer than X minutes (based on the normal run time)
- If the task fails restart every X minutes (if the refresh issue is caused by a network problem leave a few minutes for it to recover)
- Disable and custom DPI (text scale) settings in windows, and make sure that the resolution is at least 1024 x 768
- Check Options\Disable Parallel Tasks
- Try increasing the WaitUIRetry, RetryCount and RetryWait (ms) settings in C:\Program Files\PowerPlanner\Power Update\PQRefresh.exe.config (copy the file to desktop, change setting in notepad, save, and copy it back).
- If the task succeeds but the data is not updated, try increasing the WaitBeforeSave, WaitAfterRefresh, WaitBeforeClose (ms) settings in C:\Program Files\PowerPlanner\Power Update\PQRefresh.exe.config (copy the file to desktop, change setting in notepad, save, and copy it back)
- If you get a RPC_E_DISCONNECTED or RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED error refer to the related article
- If the above doesn’t resolve the issue, contact us and send us the:
– C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\PU.log, PU_UI.log files
– C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Power Update\Settings.xml file
– Power Update version in Control Panel\Programs\Power Update\Version
– Excel version