Visual Modeler enables the development of relational data models from within Microsoft Power BI.
A modern ELT (Extract, Load, Transfer) solution Visual Modeler enhances Power BI
to enable anybody to develop a SQL database and SSAS Tabular model with a few clicks of a mouse.
Visual Modeler: Powerful yet Simple
The most dynamic data mart lives on top of an Azure Data Lake. The challenge to optimize query performance is that data should be queried from a SQL database/Tabular model versus directly from a data storage unit like Data Lake. With Visual Modeler you can do this simply and straightforward by:
- Point Visual Modeler to a Power BI Dataset based on a Data Lake or other Power Query based sources
- Select the SQL Server and Tabular Server that should host the source database
- Click create, resulting in a new data mart with fresh new data
- Use our wizard you know you have a data warehouse or data mart that performs at lightning speed, with up to date data
Power BI Dataflow and Visual Modeler
Power BI Dataflows are a set of Microsoft Power Query (PQ) or ‘M’ queries. This is the most efficient and powerful data extraction language on the market today. PQ connects to more than a hundred data sources and simplifies data extraction from multiple data sources.
- Power BI Dataflows have a scheduling feature that can start PQ’s, refresh them, and the end result is a Azure Data Lake Gen2. One of the key success factors of a Power BI Data project is how fast and reliable data are. Power BI offers an option to use the data from Dataflows to be referenced in a Power BI Model; but this is still not ideal.
- The ideal solution would allow you to control the performance of the data in SQL Database, and have the calculations in the semantic Tabular model. This way all users have access to all the same data without having to share Power BI data models.
- With Power ON Visual Modeler you can do and automate this process!
- Together with Visual Planner, you can actually edit and write-back/save data in Power BI.
- Power BI + Visual Modeler + Visual Planner = you in control.
Why Visual Modeler
Power ON’s suite of products enables the ability to write-back in Microsoft’s Power BI. Other BI tools modelers, like Anaplan, Cognos TM1, SAP BPC and Oracle Hyperion/OBIEE are proprietary to their database and technologies. With Power ON Visual Modeler you leverage your Microsoft BI technology and skills you already have in place…
- Work with any Data Lake, SQL Server or SSAS Tabular Model
- Visual Modeler makes it easy to develop a data mart or even a data warehouse without IT involvement
- Visual Modeler enables you to edit forecasting or projection data inside Microsoft’s Power BI
- Visual Planner together with Visual Modeler is a fully fledged forecasting, ML model, projection solution inside Microsoft’s Power BI