Power ON Visual Planner makes it a reality to Write-back and Plan in Power BI!
With Visual Planner you can go beyond Analysis in Power BI, to Plan, Forecast, and Collaborate in real-time.
Edit, comment, filter, do what-if scenarios; Power BI updates instantaneously, all while respecting role-based Security.
How We Help
Turn Power BI into a 2-way Street
Go beyond Analysis to Write-back and Plan in Power BI
Work in Power BI
like you do Excel
Copy, paste, filter, conditional format, client side calcs, and more...
in Power BI
Across your org; Leadership, Lines of Business, Regions, ...
Get Better Data
& More Confidence
Analysis, Planning, and Informed Decisions unified in one place
Components & Capabilities 'at-a-glance'
Power XL Components
Visual Planner + Power XL enables you to work in Power BI like you do in Excel, through 4 main visual components.
Client-side Pivot Table settings in Power BI
Read/write, Copy/paste, Sort/filter, and more
Forms and data collection as easily as if in Excel
Excel-like report design and formatting; in Power BI
Visual Planner + Power XL delivers robust capabilities to support your Planning and other Collaborative processes
Enter Data and Comments directly in Power BI
Add Comments at the data-point, or cell-level
Create Forecasts or other Versions; click-not-code
Save data with real-time write-back in Power BI
Drag & Drop
'Drag' to add or edit writable Visuals and Charts
Incorporate interactive Bar, Line, and Gantt charts
Model What-if-Scenarios for on-the-fly analysis
Perform Master Data Management tasks
Set up advanced approval and notification workflow
Drive insights with AI, ML, and other predictive rules
Respect existing Security or add Advanced rules
Flexibly fit into your tech stack and preferences
Components & Capabilities 'in Detail'
A Filtered Spreadsheet in Power BI
With Visual Planner + Power XL components you get a true 'Filtered Spreadsheet' experience directly in Power BI. Gone are the days of analysis in Power BI, then exporting to Excel to do what-if analysis, commentary, etc... Now you can analyze, and immediately enter, edit, copy/paste, filter, slice, and even format directly in Power BI. You get the flexibility of an Excel spreadsheet, and the power of Power BI.
- Filtered Spreadsheet experience in Power BI!
- Conditional Formatting
- Client Side Calculations
- Excel Formulas like vlookup and SumIF
- and so much more....
Finally, you can edit, copy/paste, pivot, query, and write-back in Power BI. Data updates in real-time, across all related visuals.
- Read/Write in a Pivot Table experience
- Commentary on any data point
- Client-side Pivot settings: filter, slice/dice, calculations
- Flexible Stylesheet formatting
- See immediate updates across related visuals
- Include Statistical, Operational, or Financial metrics
- Actual, Plan, and Forecast data in the same matrix
- For any data: Expense, Revenue, Sales, Supply, Demand, Inventory, HR, and more
A true filtered spreadsheet experience, inside Power BI. With Power XL Table component you can interact with data across Planning and other collaborative processes; product, sales, customers, revenues, expense, etc... Edit, write-back and plan in Power BI, as if you were in Excel; right mouse click, copy/paste, drag down, and more.
- Commenting: individual or threaded conversation
- Client-side filtering and sorting
- Rich input controls; Text and Check boxes, Drop Downs, Date Picker, and more...
Power ON helped our team convert data into value.
Drag and Drop Charts
Bar-charts, Line-charts, and Gantt-charts provide interactive analysis and edit capability across collaborative processes; Planning, Forecasting, Project Management (Gantt), etc...
- WYSIWYG edits to Plans and Forecasts
- Drag to edit values across Bar, Line or Gantt charts
- Do rapid-fire what-ifs and see immediate effects
- Automate Project updates to schedules, tasks, and critical path sequences (Gantt)
- Manage tasks and sub-tasks through visual hierarchies
Master Data Management
Effectively manage your data structures, hierarchies, and elements. Our Table Editor enables Master Data Management as a custom visual within Power BI.
- Add, Delete, Modify any value (respects approval, workflow, and/or role-based security)
- Add values, drop-downs, checkboxes, calendar picker, text, text areas to any dataset
- Multiple Columns for Search and Filtering
AI, ML & Predictions
With Power ON you can capitalize on Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and ‘R’ within Power BI. Apply these powerful tools to organizational data to create projections that complement and boost human decisions across any planning and forecasting process.
- RUN AI/ML Rules inside Power BI to generate predictive datasets
- Create ML Forecasts on any Data
- Model Predictive analytics that can return ‘R’ or Python script data point to Power BI
- Optimize decisions on complex scenarios
With Power ON we can now use the Power BI interface to input data that trains our Customer and Product development ML models.
Technology & Security
Power ON solutions fit into your technology environment and embed seamlessly into the Power BI ecosystem. In the Cloud, on-prem, or hybrid we leverage and respect your existing systems and security.
- Run in Private or Public Cloud
- Use it On-Prem with Power BI Report Server
- House it in your own Azure tenant
- Works across disparate datasets; Composite Models and Hybrid Tables
- Leverage advanced read and write Rules
- Create User or Group based security rules